• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple is reportedly lifting mask requirements at some US stores tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Apple might loosen its mask requirements at some stores after months of taking a cautious approach. Bloombergclaimed to have an Apple memo outlining plans to lift mask requirements at more than 100 of the iPhone maker's roughly 270 US stores. The policy will reportedly apply to stores in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey and New York before spreading to other states and shops. Apple has declined to comment.

The company is lifting the requirements due to declining COVID-19 case numbers and improving vaccination rates, according to the memo. The policy will apply regardless of a customer's vaccination status, although retail staff will still have to wear masks due to longer interactions and closer contact. Stores will still require masks for everyone in areas where the local government demands the safety measure, such as in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area.

The company has frequently changed its retail policies as the pandemic has evolved. It has closed and reopened stores based on case levels, for instance. It scrapped the mask requirement in many US stores in June only to bring them back a month later.

Provided the leak is accurate, it's far too soon to say whether or not this policy shift will stick. The pandemic hasn't been entirely predictable, to put it mildly. However, a change in mask requirements would certainly reflect Apple's hopes of returning to pre-pandemic conditions as soon as possible, both in stores and in the office.

Click here to view the article...

Reaction score
Hopefully they decide to do it in Illinois as well, even though our governor is being stubborn. That may change though as Chicago police union is suing the city over it and vaccination requirements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The announcement doesn't provide the logical criteria used to determine which stores may drop the customer mask requirement. I can't perceive any logic to it. On my last visit to an Apple Store, I did notice a couple who had gotten past the employees at the entrance and were not wearing masks. I assume that they noticed that everyone else was.

I still wear a mask when going anywhere indoors, except my son's house. I don't want to get COVID or to spread it. Wearing a mask is a small thing to do in order to achieve peace of mind.

Reaction score
It has gone on for too long, forced precautions. I stand with my union, however I have been vaccinated, and beginning to feel that was stupid, I however refuse to comply with the mayor of Chicago's mandate to upload the vaccination record to the city's portal, and do not mind being on unpaid status as the Chicago FOP is paying all members on unpaid status due to non compliance with the mayor's unconstitutional covid regulations 1/2 of the weekly salary and assisting members to collect unemployment.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay, thanks for the replies.

We are going to close this thread as it was not intended to be a debate on whether masks should or should not be worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.