Apple & HP = iPod + HP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I like their iPod tattoo's.. I know someone that works at HP so I might check with him to find out the cost and how to get them! :)

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Murlyn said:
I like their iPod tattoo's.. I know someone that works at HP so I might check with him to find out the cost and how to get them! :)

Yes, I saw a brief shot of one on CNBC today, but it wasn't clear and I wasn't sure exactly what it was. Do you happen to have a photo of one?

G

Gamer

Cost and stuff

Murlyn said:
20GB- $299
40GB- $399

Question: Does this new iPod come in differnet packaging and does it have a stupid HP simble on the back, really does everything look the same because I would not buy one if they had different writing on the back or something like that! How about all you, would you buy this iPod if it had different writing on the back?

Also the HP web site says that these new iPod will ship on september 15.

O

octohunter

I'd go for it if the price was better. It's the same machine- still an overprices hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was wondering about the price of the tattoo's not the iPod's :) and you can view them on a lot of the mac sites and hp's site also.

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Murlyn said:
I was wondering about the price of the tattoo's not the iPod's :) and you can view them on a lot of the mac sites and hp's site also.

I'm usually very good at internet searching, but I can't seem to find any photos on HP's site or anywhere else. :( If you could post a few links, I would really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well one thing I think is a good thing ;) that is that HP didn't modify the physical build, that's class :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iMO the tatoos sound a bit cheap, esp. as HP says they last around 2-3 weeks...

That sounds like bits of tatoo sticking to the ipod and then slowly peeling off...*shudder*

i don't think this is a good move for apple... The iPod brings people to macs (I switched due to my iPod) and encourages switching. By associating the iPod not with Apple, but with HP, you're weakening the entire brand..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I disagree.....It may have an HP symbol BENEATH the apple one....but it's still an Apple....People will see that...and people will think wow, if Apple can make an mp3 player this good, lets check out their computers....

Also, this actually may bring MORE switchers...I mean if the above theory proves to be correct.....you may want to take another look at that marketshare percentage.....:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I agree, the iPod is very much known and regardless if it has an HP symbol or an Apple symbol people know that it is from Apple and HP has a huge market.. it's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.