• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Fortune's 7th Most Admired Company

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
ONLY 7th?????

(read: I'm a fanboy.)

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
ONLY 7th?????

(read: I'm a fanboy.)

Look at the companies ahead of them. I love Apple, but some of those companies are amazing. If it makes you feel better, Apple is #1 in innovation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Look at a company like Southwest Airlines. They've been profitable for 34 years. In a row. They are one of the very few US airlines that stayed in the black in the post 9/11 air transport industry. Many of the others have filed Ch. 11 bankruptcy (debt reorganization, meaning they'd be profittable if not for outstanding debt).

SWA is #5. They deserve it. Apple is #7. That's an eviable position, and they deserve that. It's a good position. And if that's not enough, they beat Google, #8.

Reaction score
It's *only* an American list. If the survey had been world-wide, things would have looked different.

Reaction score
That's the cross us 'non-americans' have to bear as members of this forum, yogi ... lol By that I mean the posting of American only stats or news such as this thread contains.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
The survey was of executives, directors, and securities analysts-- kind makes me wonder how much of a factor "they gave fat bonus checks to the company executives" played the ratings? :p

Reaction score
IBM ranks No. 1 because of its millions of mainframes in millions of suburban basements throughout the United States. This fast-expanding mainframe market is one that Apple fears even attempting to crack.

This survey not only reveals this fatal business-plan flaw by Apple; it reveals that Fortune and the public realize — even if Apple doesn't — that mainframes capable of predicting the weather in Schenectady in 2012 are the future, not some "mini," without even a keyboard, running blemish removals in a photo program.

Unless Apple changes direction, discarding its failed iPod and faint-hope iPhone in favour of mainframe construction, Apple, in two years, will have sunk to the bottom of the list — if its name, like that of Studebaker, even exists in anything but memory.

Fortune, at least, got it right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.