• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Apple Final Cut Studio 2

Reaction score
I have a Mac Pro running Yosemite 10.10.4 . Will Apple Final Cut Studio 2 run on my system? 2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 64gb DDR3 ram, AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB,

I just can't afford Final Cut Pro X right now :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Final Cut Studio 2 is a very old collection of apps. Final Cut Studio contains Final Cut Pro 6. According to compatibility tables Final Cut Pro 5 will run with Yosemite...but because these apps are so old...there's not enough data in the compatibility tables to guarantee compatibility with Final Cut Pro 6. And since Final Cut Studio 2 is a collection of apps...they may not all run with Yosemite.

The compatabiltiy table I'm referring to is roaringapps.com (check it out).:)

Unless you can get Final Cut Studio 2 at a very cheap price...it may be a gamble.

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp535?locale=en_US

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.