Apple Discussions

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
We need significantly more detail. How do you know this? Are you getting an error message? What browser are you using?

For the future, please consider reading the "Writing a Quality Post" article linked in my signature,

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi Vansmith. I updated from Leopard to Snow Leopard about a year ago. Quick Tim Pro and Leopard worked well together at that time. Since the change, any changes I make to small portions of my video with the A/V controller or in the Movie Properties Window, are not saved when exiting quicktime using SAVE AS.

I do not get any error messages, and I know the changes haven't taken affect when I reopen the edited movie. Tried cutting out portions of the video I wanted to edit, edited this small portion, then added back to the original movie. This did not work either.

When I updated to Snow Leopard I lost Quick Time Pro but was able to get it back. I read the article concerning writing an effective blog. Made sense. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, I the above message was in reply to another discussion.

Concerning the inability to access "discussions apple.com", when I try to go to the site I get this message-"The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly".

Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communities for links to discussion areas.

Tried to go to the main page, kept coming back to the same window.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What was that URL? What browser are you using? Have you tried another?

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm using Safari 5.1.0, the URL is "https://discussions.apple.com/". In the following window I log in and taken to a window that has the following message: "The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly."

"Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communities for links to discussion areas". I selected the highlighted "Apple Support Communities". The same window opened with this URL message: "https://discussions.apple.com/backsoon/error.html".

No, I do not have another browser.

Reaction score
Just logged in there just fine. When did you last try?

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi Cradom. I attempted to log in just before I sent the last message. It's been some time since I've been able to log in to that site.

Reaction score
Try clearing your browser cache (ex. reset Firefox or Safari).
Restart your browser and try again.

OP
M
Reaction score
I regularly clean the Safari cache and reset it every so often; I did it again just now.

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I didn't see a resolution on this thread. Over and over, over the last two weeks. Even when I went to Apple support communities and pasted in the full message I get, and selected another thread with that same message, I was redirected to this same message. "Looking for something in Apple Support Communities?

The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.

Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communities for links to discussion areas."

And when I select the main page, I get returned to this same message.

I recently upgraded from Maverick 10.9.5 to Yosemite 10.10.3 and I tried both Firefox and chrome. It also ruined my ability to use iphoto. Luckily I had bought Aperture so was able to upgrade that to work in lieu of iphotos, which I only had as the original Maverick upgrade. the new Photos does not work for me. I need access to the metadata. I feel that Apple is just messing with us long-time Mac users and was trying to figure that out when I was effectively banned from replying or asking a question on most threads and completely blocked from the ones that discuss this issue.

I'm using Safari 5.1.0, the URL is "https://discussions.apple.com/". In the following window I log in and taken to a window that has the following message: "The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly."

"Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communities for links to discussion areas". I selected the highlighted "Apple Support Communities". The same window opened with this URL message: "https://discussions.apple.com/backsoon/error.html".

No, I do not have another browser.

M

MacInWin

malheaureaux72, welcome to the forum!
It also ruined my ability to use iphoto.
You'll find iPhotos in the Applications folder. It's not the default any more, but Apple didn't remove it as part of the Photos install. You may have to update it if it wasn't updated before the Photos install, which may be tricky. You'll have to see if it appears in the "Purchased" area of the Mac App Store under your account, and if it does. then delete the iPhoto on your machine and redownload it from the MAS.

Apple isn't conspiring, they are being fairly considerate of those who find changes like the iPhoto to Photos one to be too much to handle. Eventually iPhoto will have to go away, but for now Apple is letting both iPhoto and Photos exist while people make the transition. Don't get paranoid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
Ive been trying for days and weeks to login to apple discussions. changed my apple ID password even in case it was wrong. no help. spent 30 min on the phone with apple. no help. they are not aware of any problems with the site. all I know is I still cant log in. apple did tell me their getting a security warning on their end. not sure what that means. I thought their firewalls were blocking me but they said no. I disabled all my firewalls, still unable to log into their site.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was finally able to log in with my old user name and password. Apparently it did not like me using my Apple ID and password. I'm not sure I understand why because the instructions clearly say to log on with your Apple ID and password. Try setting up an account with a user name and password instead of your Apple ID and password just to see what happens. Make sure you clear your browser cache first.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@Charlie

Don't know what, if anything, this adds to the discussion but I was able to use the same login for Apple Discussions that I've used for years. IIRC it's also one of my Apple IDs. Got in fine on that account. If I use the second Apple ID I am taken to a page to create a username and accept the terms and conditions. That would be normal because I've never used that ID on that site.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks Sly. I thought it was a bit odd also that their Discussions Forum would not accept my Apple ID and password which I use for everything else Apple, including updates and iCloud. I never thought about using my old user name and password that I created with them years ago, but when I did, it logged me in. I guess Apple is like an Elephant, in that they never forget. :p

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
In my case I think the older login I used is in fact an Apple ID. I've actually had three "Apple IDs" over the years. Two of them are still in use. The story/sequence is as follows:

1. First ID created during a trial of MobileMe or its predecessor. I wasn't using it at the time so I let the trial lapse. Later when I went back to it a couldn't remember the password and recovery was proving to be a royal pain.

2. Created new Apple ID in response to problem one. That ID is used got iTunes Store login.

3. I ended up setting up a second Apple ID as part of MobileMe/iCloud in part because I wanted an easy to remember address that wasn't getting swamped with the amount of junk my primary and gmail accounts were. If I had been thinking I'd have set up the account based on the same ID but at the time I was having difficulty with that at the time for some reason I don't recall.

Reaction score
Funny! Yes, i have the same problem: when I search for a forum having a problem, Google suggests me a forum page. God, i see it as 'guest' BUT THEN, if i logon to CAN reply, it give me that error and it becomes IMPOSSIBLE for me to see ANY Apple support page

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.