Apple Care Question

Reaction score
ive seen that you can buy apple care on ebay, how does it work? do i buy it and can i put it on any imac if its imac apple care?? someone please help me out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Some people on these forums have had success buying AppleCare from eBay vendors.

If you buy the iMac AppleCare product, it should be an original Apple product specifically for the iMac.

As with anything on eBay, check your vendor out before parting with your money.

OP
C
Reaction score
so i can put it on any imac i have and if i have a problem with it i can take it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Yes, if you buy carefully and get AppleCare in the sealed box it's the same as if you had bought it in the store.

Make sure you are buying it before your 1 year warranty is over. Applecare adds 2 more years to the original one year for a total of 3 years.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
You can if the g4 is bought with a new 1 year warranty. It says right on the AppleCare Protection Plan that it "extends the complimentary coverage on your Mac to three years..."

Also: "To qualify for the AppleCare Protection Plan, your Mac must still be under its original Apple hardware warranty."

If your g4 is used and currently has no "original" warranty (which I'm thinking this is the case) then you cannot put AppleCare on it.

Hope this helps.

OP
C
Reaction score
ya it does thanks, one last question, i bought my g5 last novemeber, i remeber saying it comes with a 1 year warrenty, but i didnt buy the apple care, so if i wanted to i have until this november to put it on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
ya it does thanks, one last question, i bought my g5 last novemeber, i remeber saying it comes with a 1 year warrenty, but i didnt buy the apple care, so if i wanted to i have until this november to put it on it?

you can add applecare any time within the first year that you own the computer..

Reaction score
Yes calichris, KoDorSean's right. I waited nearly until the last 2 weeks before I purchased AppleCare.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.