Apple adds a new purple color option to its iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini lineup

Reaction score
Apple has added a new color option to the iPhone 12 lineup — a rare mid-cycle facelift for the company’s flagship product. The new color is purple, and looks like a lavender-ish pastel hue, which is in keeping with the tones on the rest of the color options on the 12 lineup, which include a mint green and a red that leans towards the pink end of the spectrum.

The purple iPhone 12 is going on sale starting this Friday, April 23, and will begin shipping out to customers on April 30. It’s available for iPhone 12 and 12 mini, but the iPhone 12 Pro isn’t getting any new color options to match.

It’s a small thing, but not a bad way for Apple to jazz up their hardware mid-cycle in a bid to excite general consumers. Also, it suggests Apple is leaning in even more to a multicolor aesthetic for its hardware, which is a refreshing change after a mostly monochrome approach in recent years.

Image Credits: Apple

oXPT-fBHdDM

Click here to view the article... (bad link removed)

Reaction score
Wow, I like the look of this! Completely brand-new for Apple, shows they're expanding the colour range slowly but surely.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm always curious about this since the vast majority of iPhone owners immediately put the phone into a case. The clear cases don't provide enough protection for drops and so on, so people go with the Otterbox style cases which totally hide the color.

Very curious that people get jazzed about these things..

A couple of phones back I wanted to upgrade and my local T-Mobile store only had Gold in the storage size I wanted and they weren't selling that store as well as Space Gray and Rose Gold. I got it, put a Otterbox around it and you only ever saw the front white, works for me. :)

Reaction score
Wow, I like the look of this! Completely brand-new for Apple, shows they're expanding the colour range slowly but surely.

your so right, Apple fans have waited decades for Apple to add more colors. Love the purple. and I have the red phone and I love it also. I think the red is their most popular color. I really hope they add more colors and like a series or collectors phone. **** If they need Ideas I have a bunch. hahahaha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.