App Store Purchases Have Disappeared From My Account

Reaction score
I have an iMac (late 2015) running the latest version of Catalina. Recently I went to the App Store to check on some of my purchases and was surprised to find that there were no longer listing any apps. I checked my account and I had no hidden apps. I have rebooted my Mac and ran Onyx to no avail. Also I tried signing out of the App Store and re signing in to no avail. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Just to verify, the apps you have previously purchased are now accessed by clicking on your account name in the lower left corner of the App Store home screen. Is that how you tried to see your purchases? If so, and if they are not there, you should contact Apple Support to see what is going on.

OP
H
Reaction score
Just to verify, the apps you have previously purchased are now accessed by clicking on your account name in the lower left corner of the App Store home screen. Is that how you tried to see your purchases? If so, and if they are not there, you should contact Apple Support to see what is going on.
Thank You. I will follow up with your advice.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank You. I will follow up with your advice.
I have the reason for the absence of purchased apps. and it was my own doing. I have three Apple ID's and I signed out of the store and when I signed in again I signed in with a different Apple ID and the Apps are specific to the ID they were purchased under. Thank you again for sending me in the right direction.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have the reason for the absence of purchased apps. and it was my own doing. I have three Apple ID's

Multiple Apple IDs..... a disaster waiting to happen and never a good idea! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I was going to say that but I was wondering if there was ANY reason to have more than one AppleID...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, I was going to say that but I was wondering if there was ANY reason to have more than one AppleID...

Having separate Apple IDs for husband and wife or even for adult family members makes sense. But having more than one Apple ID for yourself is never a good idea. We've seen thread after thread where it caused problems for the individual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
LOL, I just had that happen with Amazon. I had my amazon account since 2001, going to my Hotmail email and I must have changed it when I got my iCloud email. Both are still open and useable, but my history is in my iCloud account, which I didn't change to until 2012.

Today I went looking for my purchase history in my original Amazon hotmail account, not even thinking that I changed it to iCloud.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Having separate Apple IDs for husband and wife or even for adult family members makes sense. But having more than one Apple ID for yourself is never a good idea. We've seen thread after thread where it caused problems for the individual.
Yep, that's how we have set, too. Family Sharing helps avoid duplicate costs, but she doesn't want any syncing of calendar/contacts/etc. After all, we've only been married 54 years and she's not ready to share quite yet. She is waiting to see if it works out. (Actually, I think it's more she doesn't want her iPhone cluttered with my stuff.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.