App Store Crashing

Reaction score
I have a weird problem with the Mac App Store App . This happens only when I am in Full Screen or slightly smaller size but if I reduce the screen size to the default size it goes away and does not crash. When the store app starts on the discover page and you navigate away from it for any reason and then try to go back to the Discover Page by clicking on any of the shortcuts or back paging to it the App will crash. And this only happens when you go back to the Discover Page. Now I have tried:

1. Creating a new Account and it still happens.

2. Starting in Safe Mode still happens.

3. Reinstalling the OS still happens.

I have a 2017 iMac with MAC OS 10.14.5 installed (it happened with 10.14.4 also). Attached is the error report that MAC generates. Any help is appreciated.

View attachment App Store Error Report.txt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
When you reinstalled the OS, was it using the Recovery partition, or did you do it through Time Machine?

Did you format/partition/erase the drive completely?

Do you have an external drive you can install the OS onto and test from that?

With the issue happening in Safe mode also, that makes me believe it is a hardware issue.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I used the recovery partition to reinstall and I did not erase and format just reinstalled over it. I have a Samsung T5 that I have considered doing just that (Running a copy of the os on that) but no I have not done that. On the hardware I considered that but the Mac App Store is the only thing that is affected and no other App and no other navigation to another page is affected. I have seen things similar to this in Windows Programs never did find out what caused it other that programming errors. What about resetting the app? Tried finding which files to delete but never did find out which ones! Also I have contacted Apple Support but they where pretty much at loss (a weird problem)

OP
T
Reaction score
I give up I tried to recreate it just now and after living with it for a couple months it has stopped doing it and the problem has stopped!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.