App Recommendations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2x2GB 500GB Serial ATA Drive 7200 rpmSuperDrive
I just bought an iPhone. What apps are your most useful apps? Please make a list of apps with a brief description and why they are so useful to you. I want some real input from people, not a review. That's why I did not just google it. Thanks peoples

Reaction score
Shazam - great for when I hear a song while out and about and can't remember the name/artist. I also use it to keep track of songs I want to download at a later time.

Ping! - free texting for iphone-iphone. Great for those of use who have several friends/family members using iphones but don't have unlimited texting.

The Weather Channel - better app that the standard weather app

i.TV - 3-in-1 app - TV listings, set recordings for TiVo, and browse/update Netflix queue.

Wikipanion - I'm always looking up random stuff

BeejiveIM - one app for various IM clients (AIM, MobileMe, Google Talk, Windows Live, etc.)

Cardstar - I keep all of my infrequently used store card #s in there so I don't have to carry the actual tags or cards.

Social apps - Facebook/LinkedIn

Twitter apps - So far my fav is TweetDeck, but I'm testing out Twitbird right now. Previously tried Echofon and Twitterific. Might give Echofon another try.

Simplify - When I had my desktop up and running I loved this app. It allows you to stream music from your itunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.