Aperture is non interactive with others programs

DBS

Reaction score
One of the main kicks about Mac is that the software is interactive with each other, meaning you can browse your itunes and iphoto library from Toast, Keynote, Word, etc.
Where my problem lies is that i get like half this interactivity, eg, i have never been able to see my iphoto library from Toast8(or any other toast app) but iphoto can be seen by keynote and OSX system preferences screen saver. And to make it worse, Aperture cant be seen by anything!
Any1 have this problem or know how to fix it ?:(

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Have you run all updates? In order for Aperture to be able to use other iLife media, you need to be running the latest version of iPhoto etc.

Select 'Apple> Software Update' and see if there are any iLife updates available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Like Aptmunich said, run Software Update and make sure you have the newest version. Also make sure versions are turned on in Aperture's preferences (after you have made sure you have the newest version).

OP
D

DBS

Reaction score
Aperture Non intergration with iLife

Thankyou these points proved it to work. Appreciated !!
However, does this mean that other iLife media can only access Aperture Previews, and not the masters? because on my Macbook Pro iam cut for space, i literally cant afford to have my whole library duplicated in high res previews.
I cannot find an option to intergrate library from the masters and NOt the previews.
Furthermore, if i was to create say an iDVD movie slideshow to play on plasma at home, i would be wanting to use the highest res possible, so if intergration is going to be from Aperture Previews, then dragging from the media browser in the Idvd App will be no use.

So .. is it so that you HAvE to let Aperture create previews either high or low res, for iLife intergration? If so than Apertures hidden prerequesite is a **** of lot of disk space.:|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.