Anyone help to configure a Belkin F5D7000 wifi card?

Reaction score
Hi I have just pulled the old Airport card from my G4 tower running 10.4.9. Installed a V3 Belkin F5D7000 PCI card. I had previously downloaded the 10.4 driver from the Belkin website.

Install says that after restart go to the Network system in Sys prefs and from the configure list select the adapter to be configured. Configure settings and save.

However, all I see in the Network pref are "internal modem" and "Airport" both with the red dots. Airport says "Airport is currently off". If I highlight it the configure button greys out leaving the connect button available - of course it doesn't connect saying "no Airport hardware found".

Anyone successfully using one of these cards and can offer me a solution ?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
AirPort card

I just replaced my AirPort card with a Buffalo PCI Wireless G125 highspeed and it picks it up as a airport card and the signal is super strong the model number is wl12-pci-g54s I got it at bestbuy for $35 or there abouts here is how it lists it hope this helps
AirPort Card Information:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme
Wireless Card Locale: USA
Wireless Card Firmware Version: 405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)
Current Wireless Network: linksys
Wireless Channel:

OP
J
Reaction score
I just replaced my AirPort card with a Buffalo PCI Wireless G125 highspeed and it picks it up as a airport card and the signal is super strong :

Thanks for the suggestion - what OS are you runnimg ? I'm on 10.4.9. Is this in a G4 or G5 ?

Thanks John

Reaction score
adapter

go to ralink site and get the install package worked for me it has the ralink chip set and v4 has zydak chip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.