Anyone having login problems with Apple today

Reaction score
I switched from Windows to Mac in the last month. Overall it's been a pretty miserable experience - mostly with Apple operations and support. Today has been one of the worst. My Macbook threw errors saying that my password was incorrect. Same for my iPad and iPhone. This is nuts because nothing has changed.

I changed my password using their password change system. Then it threw the incorrect password message again. So I changed it again. Then a third time!!!

I'm getting sick of Apple. Nice hardware. OS is decent. I've been on hold for at least 40 minutes now and still waiting. The company's operations and service are horrible!

Is anyone else having problems with Apple?

Thanks,

Dan.

Dan.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The account you are having issues with is the iCloud account that is shared across all the devices. I recommend using a local account on your Mac and NOT using your iCloud account to sign in.

Once you are in, you can then go to System Preferences and sign into iCloud to get access to all of its facilities.

The issue you are having with the password not quite reseting is something others have reported as well.

But is the password sticking the 3rd time? Also, you might want to try changing the password on a different device, wait for a bit and then confirm that it took.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Apple had system issues today, affecting just about all iCloud functions. As of now, it's still having problems:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I had apple id servers issues earlier, but it appears to be working now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apparently they're still having problems. It shows some systems are up but others like iCloud sign in remain down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.