Any Nikon D2X Users?

N

nadeem

I'm thinking of trading up from my Coolpix 8800 to a D2X due to the fact that I'm now taking pics for two mags that I'm working on...the 8800 is just too slow in raw mode...any thoughts on the pros & cons of the D2X?

OP
K

KuruMonkey

Thats pretty much a semi-pro if not pro camera (its in the region of £3K without lens if memory serves)

You'd likely do better asking on a dedicated camera/photography forum. Try www.dpreview.com if you haven't already, they have a very in depth review of the camera. Their forums, or a forum for any other pro-photography type site, is far more likely to include people who've used Nikon SLRs and their competitors. I (tentatively) doubt many people here have detailed experience of multiple £3K+ SLRs...

The mac end of the equation is likely to be "does it work with macs", to which the answer will be yes. (because its a pro SLR...)

OP
D

dziner

I have a Nikon D70 which works amazingly well. I'm just having issues with iPhoto being hella slow now that I'm shooting strictly with RAW mode and the Nikon software seems of poor quality.

Moving from the 8800 to the D2X is a HUGE step! A friend of mine just bought the D2H. He now has the 8800 for quick shots, D70, and D2H, plus lots of lenses. That's a lot of fun equipment. It's nice to have friends to borrow camera goodies from.

Reaction score
If you don't have alot of money into SLR lenses, you might compare to Canon as well. Canon has been groundbreaking in the fast 8mp range. Larger choice of fast f2.8 internal focusing, image stab lenses. Don't get me wrong. Personally I'm a D100 user and I love Nikon equipment. Since I'm just a hobby phototgrapher I'm not about to switch out all my expensive lenses and go Canon, but you might consider it from the start. IMO, you can't go wrong if you do choose the D2X. Awsome camera.

ed724

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.