Any Help Appreciated, Emails getting mixed up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Since upgrading to Yosmite, I have noticed my emails are getting mixed up, and garbled. Basically in the quick view list of my inbox I am getting different incoming emails listed in one reply/incoming email, see below... ( I have blanked out the content, but left the title/names header of the incoming mail, as you can see, there's different names)

2014-11-06_1619 by Micky.!, on Flickr

emailsmixup by Micky.!, on Flickr

This is making navigating through email communications a nightmare as you can imagine. I have posted on the Apple support forums, but there has been little to no help on there.

Here's what I have tried so far..

Rebuild email
Rebuild the folder that these emails are saved in
Completely formatted my iMac, and reinstalled from Time Machine backup.

I'm now at a loss, and as mentioned, finding it extremely difficult to navigate through email communications from any of the customers whom are in the above emails, when I click to view the mixed up email quick view, the conversation pane then displayed on the right, the wholee conversation view is a mess, and the email chain makes no sense at all with one email from one person, and then a reply from me to another person, making things a right mess.

Does anyone know what else I can try to sort this mess out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I had some issues with Mail and mixed up addresses and calling me Buffer, after I installed the Buffer App, but I had to go into Contacts and manually check every contact I had, and tried to fixed them that way.

Not sure what caused it, but I'm free and clear now after doing a Clean Reinstall of the OS and cleaning up the Contacts ( cleaned Contacts first, because they are cloud based then reinstalled)

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Thanks, I suspected contacts, but none of those names in my email are in my contacts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
I have this problem too, when searching, the results sometimes mix up the from & title of one email with the content of another.

M

MacInWin

What i am seeing is that if there is an email, and a reply or forward, then BOTH senders show in the quick view. I think what is trying to be shown is that in that thread is an email from Phil, one from Phil, one from archie, etc. When you open the thread, each email is separate and distinct.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.