any good emulators and roms for macs?

Reaction score
sorry if this was already posted, but i couldnt find any so im making a new post.

do you guys know any good emulators? i wanna play super punch out really badly and beat mike tyson~!!! please if any of you guys know any good sites (reliable sites) tell me =)

again if this subject was already posted than can you give me the link, thnx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
The reason you can't find posts here is because thats most likely illegal.
Unless you own(ed) the physical chip with the game, its illegal for you to download the ROM file.

Google will give you more results than this forum. Search for "Mac OS X {name of console} emulator". They do exist, and the roms are easily available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Posting about emulators is not illegeal. Only talk about commercial roms are. But there a few freeware roms made available too. Not that good though.

Anyways here is a site with heaps of emulator info and downloads. But if you want to talka bout roms per se. You'll have do a google search, as that subject touches on legality issues.

This site's info (it only has emulator talk, no rom talk) is a little old. But it's worth a look as a starting point for finding more up to date info.

http://www.zophar.net/index.phtml

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Is it wrong to download a game that was produced in 1992 and hasn't been available to buy for 10 years? Buying the second hand game on ebay wouldn't make any money for the software publisher.

It is actually illegal to lend a friend a DVD to watch. Illegal yes, but everyone does it and it isn't actually morally wrong in my opinion.

Plenty of things are down on paper are illegal, but practically and morally there's nothing wrong with discussing them.

I don't think there's anything wrong in downloading a MegaDrive game from 1994.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
There's a lot of information also available on http://www.classicgaming.com/

The ROMs aren't the easiest to find (there used to be a huge repository of them on mame.dk, but they received a cease and desist from an unknown company and decided to remove all of the ROMs).

I use MacMame for playing old 80's and 90's arcade games. MacMESS supports a ton of different hardware (Atari 2600, 800XL, Nintendo NES, TRS-80, Commodore 64, Apple II, etc) and is fun for dinking around with those old systems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
There is a 15GB rom archive/zip on gnutella. It works with MAME though, not home based consoles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.