Another Satisfied Switcher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Hello Everyone,

After many years of being on the other side, I've seen the light and I'm finally seeing what all the noise about Macs is all about. After a couple of months of research and lurking the various boards, the plunge has been made. Actually, I was saving up to purchase an iMac or Macbook, but my wife surprised me with a brand spanking new 20' iMac as a graduation present (after many years online and night classes :D ). What a gal huh! Well, I've been playing around for the past few days here are a couple of my observations/questions.

WOW! I'm really impressed so far how fast, intuitive and responsive OS X is. At first I thought something was wrong with how fast this thing is ready to go after reboots and when awaking from sleep.

I've got all my iTunes music, contacts from my Treo as well as all my many pics migrated from my Window PC to my Mac. I really haven't noticed a degradation in system performance. Please tell me my Mac won't get increasingly sluggish/slower as I load it up with programs and files as "my slower than a turtle" Dell has become over the past couple months/years.

The only noticeable thing I am not quite use to yet with my iMac is the lack of having the right click button. Something tells me I will just have to suck it up and get use to using shortcuts or the menu tabs.

Is something wrong with me with wanting to spending so much time on my new toy (I mean productivity tool ;D ). My wife has been yelling at me for the past couple of nights telling me to get to get off that dang Mac and get to bed.

Well enough of my rambling for now. However this will not be the last time you all hear from me, I know there will be many questions from me in the upcoming days and weeks, so I ask everyone to be patient with this newbie when I ask off the wall or obvious questions. This forum has been a life saver with assisting me with this transition. There is so much useful information. Thanks and I look forward to getting to know and learning from everyone. Later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Welcome to MF! I love my 17 inch iMac (it's my brothers now i have a MB, still).

Enjoy. Look in system Preferences to make the right click work on the Mighty Mouse. You just put pressure on the right side to r-click. You can also control-click, which will bring up the right click menu.

Again, Enjoy!!! :):)

OP
wcarr3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Welcome to MF! I love my 17 inch iMac (it's my brothers now i have a MB, still).

Enjoy. Look in system Preferences to make the right click work on the Mighty Mouse. You just put pressure on the right side to r-click. You can also control-click, which will bring up the right click menu.

Again, Enjoy!!! :):)

Duh!! :[ Thanks for bringing that tip to my attention iRye!!!!! Thanks for the welcome, and I am and will continue to enjoy. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
My wife has been yelling at me for the past couple of nights telling me to get to get off that dang Mac and get to bed.

I think most switchers experience "mac-somnia" early on. ;D

Congrats on your cool machine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Congrats man,

As a recent switcher too, I can tell you it will get more and more addictive over time!!

enjoy!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
Welcome and be sure to post an update a week from now letting everyone know how it's going.

Reaction score
Welcome to the mac forums and nope the mac won't get the slowdown syndrome like pc's. I think that getting addicted to your mac is the only healthy addiction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Welcome and enjoy. Always like to read why people switch, and your experience only gets better with time.

OP
wcarr3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome and enjoy. Always like to read why people switch, and your experience only gets better with time.

Thanks for the many welcomes everyone. Yeah my main reason for switching was because I was just sick of dealing with Windows and all the problems that seem to come out of no where. Too many to name and I'm sure everyone has experienced them as well and if not have heard about them. Not to mention I wasn't going anywhere near Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I wasn't going anywhere near Vista.

Vista made me switch.

It's just XP but with some Mac OS X features that have been around for ages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.