Alternatives to iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
Hi Everyone,

Are there any alternative music players for the Mac? I'm new to the mac world (I bought my first Mac this past Thursday - a 20" iMac) and am used to the functionality of WinAmp and MediaMonkey. As a player it's fine, but I don't like the way it re-arranges my music directory. I already have my tunes arranged by letter of the alphabet, artist and CD title. Is there a way to make iTunes *not* change the structure?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Hi Everyone,

Are there any alternative music players for the Mac? I'm new to the mac world (I bought my first Mac this past Thursday - a 20" iMac) and am used to the functionality of WinAmp and MediaMonkey. As a player it's fine, but I don't like the way it re-arranges my music directory. I already have my tunes arranged by letter of the alphabet, artist and CD title. Is there a way to make iTunes *not* change the structure?

cheers
Yes. During set up, iTunes will ask you if you want it to organize your music or if you want to do it yourself...
if you clicked thru that already, it is in the preferences, too.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks voiceofra, I'll check that this evening.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks carbiner23.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.