Airtunes....How does it work??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, 8gb ram, iPhone 4
Hello!

i am thinking about buying an airtunes base station to put in my garage so i can listen to itunes in there, rather than having to listen to BBC radio one all the time, but ive really no idea how the system works! :headphone

i have a set of powered speakers i can use in the garage, do i literally buy the airtunes station plug it in, plug speakers in and thats it? how do you start or stop music in the garage or even change tracks?

Any help appreciated!

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You broadcast the music from your MacBook and control all of the music in iTunes

Reaction score
I use it as my router as well. You just plug it into a speaker and you control it with the mac. The airtunes turns the speakers into your computers speakers. Every thing is controlled on the mac. You can listen on the mac speakers and on the other speakers at the same time. buy it

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, 8gb ram, iPhone 4
so really you have to put the mac in the same room if you want to be able to change tracks etc? i guess this is what party shuffle is for!

Reaction score
If you want to change it manually then you need the macbook. otherwise it will shuffle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz
does AirTunes only works with music imported in iTunes or does it also work as a "line-out" for all sounds out of the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
If you have ipod wifi connected to the airexpress, can you use the remote from the ipod hifi to change your song that are in your itunes computer? (no ipod on the dock)

Pat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.