Airport Extreme with dial-up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
How do you use an Airport with a telephone line?

Thanks

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
But the base station does not have a port for a phone chord. It only has 2 ethernet jacks. How do I connect it to a phone line?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you cant, airport is basic networking. you would prolly need a modem on a source computer and then share out the connection to other computer, via your network card to the airport station. if you thought dial up was slow to begin with, it will be slower when shared with another computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
corysw said:
But the base station does not have a port for a phone chord. It only has 2 ethernet jacks. How do I connect it to a phone line?

You have the base station without modem. The one with modem has a phone jack, in addition of the 2 ethernet jacks, but it's a different one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Avalon said:
You have the base station without modem. The one with modem has a phone jack, in addition of the 2 ethernet jacks, but it's a different one.
thanks for clearing that up, i did not know.

R

rlx37g5

I figured out a way to make it work. First I connected to the internet with dial-up normally on a PC. Then I connected the Airport to the PC with an ethernet cable. So I went back on the iBook, and connected to the Airport. And I was connected to the internet! I couldn't believe it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.