Airport Express + Motorola WR850G

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
I recently purchased a 'refreshed' AirPort Express from my local Apple Store in hopes that I could use it as to strengthen my existing wireless signal in my home network. The Genius at the Apple Store told me that this would not be a problem; he even told me how to do it, but I'm pretty new to OSX and so it pretty much went in one ear and out the other.

SO, my dilemma; I want to set up my AirPort express in a separate room from my router, and have it be a part of my network. I want to use it to strengthen my signal, and eventually I will be setting up speakers with it to stream music to them. But for now, I just want to set it up to increase my signal, and be part of my current wireless network. The router that is currently in use is connected to a windows machine, and is a motorola wr850g. Can anyone tell me how I would go about doing this, or if its even possible? Thanks in advance, you guys really are a huge help :yinyang:

btw I'm using a PB G4, incase thats relevant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm not at all familiar with the Moto router, but if it supports WDS you should have no problem doing it. You may want to check the manual or documentation to see if it does have WDS support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.