Air Port/Internet Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4, 4GB of RAM and 150GB HD
Hello All,

ive been recently been having an issue with my internet on my mac book pro. Ever since i updated to the new air port utility driver last week my internet has been completely useless. some pages wont load like yahoo email, random sites, you tube etc. i was wondering i could revert to the old driver to see if that was the issue. hopefully someone can help ; 0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. More likely there are things needed to be sorted on your Network. Have you tried connecting with an ethernet cable to see how the internet shows up. For more help yo are best to include info on Hardware you have OS that is on it How many computers use network and what service it is - Cable, DSL or ADSL. Telling us where u are can help because there is sure to be another on the forum in the same country.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ty ; ). im Running a mac book pro with Mac OS 10.5. i use a toshiba cable modem through a linksys router. model WRT54GS a G Router. Using Cable internet. i havent connected it straight to the modem. im currently at work. ever since i downloaded the new air port utility driver my internet has been complete crap. thanks again for the help ; )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
My take is that when u are using a modem and router in series then getting the settings correct so that the Mac can maintain quality of service can be a bit tricky, if u are not easily able to get into the Admin page of both the Toshiba and the Linksys. Seems to me there are 2 choices - get into the Admin pages and check/change settings or buy an Apple Airport Extreme or Apple Airport Express and replace the Linksys. At the same time i am not the one to advise on Cable type ISPs as it is not an area i know much about.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thx for the help. well i tried connecting directly to the modem and it wouldnt even go online. i hard wire connected thru the router and it went on line but nothing on you tube would load. apple.com wont load. my desktop comp and other laptops in the house work fine. its just my mac book thats having the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Try setting your DNS to google's dns servers and see if it helps.
Google Public DNS
System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> DNS -> + at the bottom of DNS Servers
Add 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
and move them to the top.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried as you suggested and it didnt work. but since then ive restored my laptop to factory settings and downloaded all the updated not including the 3 air port updates and everything works perfectly fine! but ty for the help all ; )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.