Air Drop doesn't work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
Apple replaced the logic board on my MBA. When I opened Air Drop for the first time after the replacement, it asked for my Apple ID with an expired email, so I hit cancel. Now Air Drop doesn't work at all. It has never asked for my Apple ID again, although I have a working one. Any suggestions please?

OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
Thanks pm-r, but the issue is that Air Drop has dropped dead. When I open it, I don't get my icon, I can't drag files in, and it doesn't see other people's icons. I've used AIr Drop before, and know how to use it, I just can't persuade it to work anymore.

Reaction score
look up air drop terminal commands there is a terminal command that reenables airdrop for get the apple id you shouldn't need it with airdrop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sorry rainbowcat, I don't know and probably can't help get Air Drop working for you.

I don't think I ever even bothered trying as everything seemed to have to be setup and working just perfectly, or else it didn't work, which was most of the time when I even bothered trying.

If normal file sharing doesn't work for us, we just use Dropbox, or BitTorrent or BitTorrent Sync, which I'd suggest you might try using yourself. Works for us. And even with our iPads and iOS 7.x. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.