AHHH! MagSafe Help

Reaction score
If you have read my other thread, I recieved my MBP yesterday. I have heard/read horror stories of leaving the MBP plugged in all the time and the MagSage starts to smoke/smolder and start on fire. Should I just plug it in when I am around and unplug the power cord when I am away? I live in a dorm, so I really don't want the burn the dorm down.

I was thinking of that all last night so I woke up at 1 am to unplug it so nothing happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
they are extremely safe.

you are basing your worrying on the "few" that have actually have problems. This is always likely to pop up on the internet. You always here much more about peoples problems than their satisfactions.

i for one leave my magsafe plugged in. it cant hurt. For some reason, if it does melt or whatnot (which is highly unlikely), run :)

in all seriousness though, you have absolutely NOTHING to be afraid/worried of. Worry more about your grades :)

OP
E
Reaction score
they are extremely safe.

you are basing your worrying on the "few" that have actually have problems. This is always likely to pop up on the internet. You always here much more about peoples problems than their satisfactions.

i for one leave my magsafe plugged in. it cant hurt. For some reason, if it does melt or whatnot (which is highly unlikely), run :)

in all seriousness though, you have absolutely NOTHING to be afraid/worried of. Worry more about your grades :)

Thanks for the positive reply. I'll leave it plugged in and see what happens.

Reaction score
The odds of it catching fire if plugged in for a very long time: very slim.
The odds of it catching fire if unplugged: zero.

If I told you that I could either point a gun at your head and have a very slim chance of killing you, or I could not point the gun at your head and have a zero chance of killing you ... which would you choose? :)

Also, leaving the power cord plugged in 24/7 prevents the battery from ever draining which will reduce its longevity over time.

OP
E
Reaction score

If I told you that I could either point a gun at your head and have a very slim chance of killing you, or I could not point the gun at your head and have a zero chance of killing you ... which would you choose? :)

Also, leaving the power cord plugged in 24/7 prevents the battery from ever draining which will reduce its longevity over time.

I'll take the "not".

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

thats a drastic comparison :)

bang your dead, or your batteries dead :) haha

Reaction score
"You could either drive to work and very likely not die in a car accident, or you could stay in your basement and never be in a car accident." Therefore we must all stay at home.

Let's all step back and think about this for a minute.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.