After updating, iPhone no longer appears in Music?

Reaction score
I am not subscribed to Apple Music. However, up until a few days ago, I was able to sync (either manually or automatically, my choice) my iPhone to desktop Music (formerly iTunes). After updating my phone to 13.4.1 and my desktop to Catalina 10.15.4, I no longer see my iPhone appearing in the Music program. What gives?

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.06.16 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What previous iOS (and macOS) versions were you using? I don't get that page any more, but you may have to "trust" the computer again before it shows up.

OP
AJP24
Reaction score
What previous iOS (and macOS) versions were you using? I don't get that page any more, but you may have to "trust" the computer again before it shows up.

It would have been whatever the directly previous versions were. I keep up-to-date on that.

OP
AJP24
Reaction score

Okay, yes, you were correct. I didn't realize that in order to "Trust" my iPhone, I had to go to my phone in the "Devices" bar in Finder. That worked and it popped back up in the Music program again. Thank you!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
HI AJP24

How about giving member ferrarr a "Thumbs Up" as addition to his reputation?

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.