• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

After updating, iPhone no longer appears in Music?

Reaction score
I am not subscribed to Apple Music. However, up until a few days ago, I was able to sync (either manually or automatically, my choice) my iPhone to desktop Music (formerly iTunes). After updating my phone to 13.4.1 and my desktop to Catalina 10.15.4, I no longer see my iPhone appearing in the Music program. What gives?

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.06.16 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 11 iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13, Late 2014 Mac Mini macOS 10.15
What previous iOS (and macOS) versions were you using? I don't get that page any more, but you may have to "trust" the computer again before it shows up.

Reaction score
What previous iOS (and macOS) versions were you using? I don't get that page any more, but you may have to "trust" the computer again before it shows up.
It would have been whatever the directly previous versions were. I keep up-to-date on that.

Reaction score
Okay, yes, you were correct. I didn't realize that in order to "Trust" my iPhone, I had to go to my phone in the "Devices" bar in Finder. That worked and it popped back up in the Music program again. Thank you!