After installing windows, internet does not work.

k3s

Reaction score
I partitioned my harddrive, installed windows on the bootcamp partition. So i log onto windows, and try to go to the internet to download some stuff, mainly some antivirus material and a game i am developing. I click interent explorer, but it gives me a "page not found" etc.. i refresh, connect the computer through a cable connection to my router, same deal, it cannot connect. Do i need to install some drivers i can download? Etc.. I would really need the internet- that is the reason i installed windows via bootcamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Did you install the Apple/Bootcamp drivers? There are some pieces that you want/need to install from the Apple CD, but I think it prompts you for it. It's been a while since I installed mine.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Thats the thing i didnt get prompted for the drivers to be installed. Is there a way i can manually install the drivers? Or can i just pop in the apple CD and install them?

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Well...
I figured it out, i logged into the windows partition, then i just popped in the leopard disk and it instantly installed the drivers etc.. The problem before was that it didnt pop up, i guess i just needed to restart or something.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you read the Boot Camp instructions before you installed Windows? One of the steps clearly says to use Leopard Disk One to install drivers.

RTFM. :Evil:

Regards.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Ah to the contrary, it said i would be prompted for the install disk! So i figured a screen would pop up asking for the install disk, when it didn't well i searched for a solution.

Reaction score
When I pop my OS X CD in, my drive does not recognize it. This is the third time I re-partitioned and this is the only time it won't recognize my CD. I have put other CD's and DVD's in and they are recognized. When I hover over the D: drive with the OS X in, it says 0 bytes. This is frustrating me, please anyone help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.