Adobe Organiser not displaying properly

Reaction score
Hello. I started using Adobe Organiser 10 about two months ago on my one-year-old iMac. I have now catalogued about 1300 photos and all were displaying perfectly until two days ago when all of my last batch of about 80 photos and some of the previous batch of about 60 photos stopped appearing and were replaced by greyed-out 'thumbnail', each with an 'hourglass' in the middle.

The photos however are apparently still there - if I click on any one of the grey boxes the photo's details previously entered by me will appear in the Information panel on the right of the screen, exactly as I typed it previously.

And if I double-click that grey box the photo itself will appear in all its glory, filling the main window. But as soon as I click the 'Grid' button near the top left of the screen, the image goes back to the grey box/hourglass.

I have clicked the 'Refresh' button within the 'View' menu. I have also quit and then reopened Organiser and restarted the Mac. All to no avail.

Almost all the photos are held on one external drive but backed up on another. I produce daily incremental backups (and weekly full backups) of Organiser on yet another external drive. I have loaded 37 batches of photos into Organiser so far. I was hoping to add maybe another half-dozen before this problem occurred.

Within Organiser all the photos are contained within a single catalogue. One thing I have noticed since this fault happened - and I'm afraid I had not noticed if it was happening before - is that there is a very small spinning wheel in the very bottom left of the Organiser display screen, as though the system is busy trying to do something. Could it be trying to show my 'missing' photos?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions you can offer that will enable me to view all my photos on the Organiser grid again, just as I was doing until two days ago. Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since you have backups of your photos, have you tried reinstalling Adobe Organizer?

Sorry, that's about all I can think of for now. Not many folks use that particular program. Adobe also has a very good on line manual you can look over to see if that helps.

Elements Organizer User Guide

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look into that.

BTW, I mis-typed my first message. I am using Organiser 13, not 10. Sorry about that.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you chscag. Although I had earlier accessed the online manual you suggested I tried it again as you advised. I had apparently missed the page that I needed because I found it this time and - with that guidance - have managed to resolve the issue.

As instructed, I went to File>Manage Catalogues>Repair and, after a couple more clicks, all the thumbnails reappeared.

Thanks again for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. Glad you got it resolved. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.