Adobe Flashplayer and Mac OS X version 10.6.8

Reaction score
What is the best flashplayer version (if there is such a thing) for my Mac OS X version 10.6.8? I currently have Adobe Flashplayer version 13.0.0.206 and it constantly locks up my computer, slows it down and just makes my life miserable. I have the same problems on both Safari and Firefox. I never had any problem with Adobe Flashplayer until this past Winter's "upgrade" for Adobe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Current version is 15.0.0.152 so you are behind. Open from System Preferences and hit Check for Updates. Think your main problem is your operating system is falling behind and is no longer supported by Apple with Security Updates.

OP
V
Reaction score
"...your operating system is falling behind and is no longer supported by Apple with Security Updates." -- Nope, not so. I have read on the Adobe site that Flashplayer is a big fail for Mac computers, which I have found to be true in my case. I have avoided making anymore upgrades until knowing for sure that it will absolutely work better than it does now. I am afraid of making upgrades to Adobe now because of this lag problem it has created on my Mac.

C

chas_m

vanillaflower -- simply put, you are incorrect on all fronts. Take it from people who work with Macs (and Flash) every single day.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There are no "guarantees" and there is no way for you, nor anyone else, to "know for sure" whether a newer version will run better on "your" system until you install it on "your" system.

No one here knows what all apps & browser extensions you have installed, how many apps are running, what web sites (if any specific ones) are causing your issues, if your problem may be network related vs flash related, how much free space you have on the drive, how much RAM you have in the machine (or how much is free at the time of your problems), nor at this point even which Mac you have.

You're running a 5 yr old OS, 3 versions behind the current one.

You're running a version of flash that is several versions behind - you admit it doesn't work and locks up your system - sounds like you have nothing to lose by installing the most current version Adobe offers for 10.6.8.

In any case, you do what you should be doing prior to installing any new software on your computer - you make a current backup - then install the new software - test it - don't like it, don't want it - restore your machine from the backup and you're back to the old non-working version of Flash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.