Address Book

Reaction score
Is there a better contact program for Mac than Address Book? I used to use Now Up To Date/Contact, and it was way better. I could make list with it and print address labels, or people to call and their phone numbers, lists I could print. I worry each time I upgrade I will lose my contacts in Address Book. It has happened several times already.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't mention which version of OS X you're using? Take a look at "BusyContacts". There are many other contact apps for OS X, do a Google search. However, what you're going to find is that all the good apps are going to cost $ whereas the contacts app that comes with your Mac is free. And it works fine for me; using it on 2 iPhones, an iPad and an iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.9 GHz 6-Core i9 MacOS 14.4.1; iPhone SE 3rd Gen iOS 17.4.1;
I find it useful to export a Contacts Archive to file occasionally. File -> Export -> Contacts Archive.
That way it will never get lost, assuming a proper system backup regime.

OP
T
Reaction score
Better Address Book

Thanks Chscag and Verdi 1901,

I am using Maverick, and BusyContacts looks ideal. And I will try exporting the Contact Archive.

Great help,
Teddy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.