Address Book Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" OSX Snow Leopard 2.53 GHz 4GB RAM 350 GB HDD
So, I'm actually not sure when this happened (If I did I might probably know what I did) but my address book does not work. First of all you should know that I have uninstalled the application and re-installed it from the applications DVD I got from my computer. Furthermore you should know that none of my contacts are missing because I can still see them when I use the dashboard widget.

So to get a general idea of the problem; address book opens normally but empty. There are no groups, no contacts and it even states that I have no cards. To the right it also says "No Card Selected". Attempting to click the add a contact "+" button does nothing as well, it is now an action-less button. I have tried many things in Preferences but no luck.

I really hope somebody can help since I need to many contacts soon.

Ps. A possible cause (May not be probable) was that yesterday, seconds before finding the problem I tried to export 31 contacts in the address book as a friend had given them to me. I was prompted with a message to add the cards but did not work.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try moving the preference files to the desktop.

Should be two of them located at:
Users / your user / Library / Preferences / com.apple.addressbook.plist

If it works you can trash them. If not you can move them back.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" OSX Snow Leopard 2.53 GHz 4GB RAM 350 GB HDD
I tried what you recommended, I was able to erase them without any problem but it still remains with the same problem. Thanks for trying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.