Adding icons to safari favorites bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 5,1, Hi Sierra, Quad Core Xeon 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB + 1 x 4TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, ATI Radeon 5770
I have started using the Favourites Bar in Safari and am adding “favorites” to it. I use a similar bar in Chrome and it serves my needs very well there. Is it possible with Safari to add icons to the names in the bar for my favorites?

I know I can edit the names in Safari, but I still have to read them all to find a particular one that I want.

In Chrome I use mostly icons or an icon and a short one word name or acronym because icons are more eye catching and easier to spot than just using plain old names; I don’t have to scan the whole bar to find something.

Thanks,

Peter B.
:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use a similar bar in Chrome and it serves my needs very well there. Is it possible with Safari to add icons to the names in the bar for my favorites?

No, not with the latest version of Safari. Previous versions it was possible but not with Safari version 8.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 5,1, Hi Sierra, Quad Core Xeon 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB + 1 x 4TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, ATI Radeon 5770
No, not with the latest version of Safari. Previous versions it was possible but not with Safari version 8.

I kind of figured that, so maybe I will stick to Chrome for now and hope it gets fixed in the future. It never makes sense when the programmers remove functionality when they do an update. It seems "barse ackwards" to me.

Peter B.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.