adding blue tooth to ibook G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I have just recently bought a iBook G4 last week and it didnt come with blue tooth and was wanting to know if anyone knows how to install blue tooth in it? or if there is a hack somehwer to modify the hardware or case to be able to install internal blue tooth.

thanks
matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, you need to order bluetooth before you recieve the ibook, as it is an extra module that has to be added to the mainboard.

You cannot add an internal adapter afterwards, only an external usb adapter.

Sorry!

T

the_snitch

but there must be a part, with a part number for replacements of faulty units. I heard that even if one breaks you have to send it th ebroken on eto get a replacement. Anyone wanna sell me theirs?

G

Gar

i know this is kinda rubbing it in but its not meant to be like that. i think everyone getting an ibook should order the bluetooth module its inexpensive and you never know when youre going to need it

A

Animatronica

The ONLY way you'll be able to use a bluetooth item now is if you get a USB dongle one. Like the poster above.you should always get the blue tooth module because you never know if you need it. I always get it even though I never use it because it just might get use someday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Even if you COULD find the replacement part, I doubt that you can install it, as welding itty bitty parts to your mainboard is probably quite difficult/impossible for the average joe...

There's a reason they make it bto...

I

i.geek

Just incase you are interested in getting an external USB adapter, I would suggest the d-link DBT-120. It works without flaws, and is without a doubt the smallest usb adapter that I have ever seen or used.

Cheers,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.