adding airport extreme to ibook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
A good friend of mine just bought an ibook, she was going to get an powerbook but price was an issue and her dad wanted her to get the ibook instead. I have been helping her as she isnt very good with computers aside from using it, and is making the switch. So since the ibook came stock (she bought it at an apple store), I realized that she wouldn't have the airport extreme card and 512 ram. How difficult is it to install these two items. Is it possible to add the airport extreme to the ibook at all? I would think it would be because you can add wireless cards to pc's but not sure about internal. Also how difficult is it to add memory? I want to help her do this all before I go off to college and she does too. Thanks a lot in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Adding both upgrades is quite easy, so you shouldn't have any trouble with them. In fact, the owner's manual should have instructions and a diagram to help you out, and once you lift the keyboard, there should be another diagram underneath.

M

MoltenLava

Yes, the upgrade is very easy. One thing you need to be _very_ careful is not to bend the keyboard. The keyboard is attached on very light aluminum panel. The problem of aluminum is they can dent very easily. Make sure you don't bend them more than necessary, or you'll end up with something very unpleasant. (think of crushed aluminum can) Be especially careful not to bend three tabs on the bottom of the keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sounds like someone has experience with alu can keyboards, eh molten?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.