Active Sync Error Message

Reaction score
Hi I downloaded a free program, Microsoft Active Sync to sync my Windows Mobile cellphone with my contacts and calendar. Now every time I am on my iMac I get an error message every 10 seconds roughly. It says:

Microsoft Sync Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
(It has a box to tick to restart Microsoft Sync Services - but if you tick it, it doesnt restart anyway)

When you click on the caption for "more information" it says:

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date/Time: 2010-02-15 20:26:11 -0500
Application Name: Microsoft Sync Services
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.entourage.syncservices12
Application Signature: MSS1
Application Version: 12.2.3.091001
Crashed Module Name: unknown
Crashed Module Version: unknown
Crashed Module Offset: unknown
Blame Module Name: unknown
Blame Module Version: unknown
Blame Module Offset: unknown
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

Thread 0 crashed:

I have tried uninstalling it. I have tried reinstalling it and then uninstalling it. The uninstaller program it comes with doesnt seem to work. I tried dragging and dropping it's activesync.dmg file to the trash.
Please help I cannot get rid of this.

OP
MacLicious
Reaction score
Did I post this in the wrong section? I know there are many knowledgeable Mac users. Surely one of you can help with me with this problem? This has rendered my imac almost unusable the way it is. PLEASE HELP!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.