ACDsee pro

Reaction score
Hallo to the mac user world

after at least 3 decennia I am back to the Mac ;)

I am from The Netherlands and have been working with Apple since I was pretty young (Apple I, II, SE, SE30 ...... and so on).
Now I am back in this world of macusers, but already have a question where you guys probably can help me out.

I have been used to ACDsee software for a long time and use it now on the mac. Unfortunately it doesn't function with the OS sierra.

The question I have is: how do I get all the pictures out of the MAC "Pictures" SierraOS application on to my own folder structure?

cheers
\Helge

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

I'm assuming you're referring to moving your photos from the "Photos" application to your own folders that you created? Also, you should note that as of today, ACDsee Pro 3 is in beta for Sierra support. There should be an update for release soon.

However, there are several programs that are recommended over ACDsee Pro 3. Both are sold in the Mac App Store and fully support Sierra: 1. Pixelmator 2. Affinity Photo

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Happy to hear that the beta has been released (where can I get it ;)).....
How can i get the pics out of the Photo app and remove the app ....

cheers Helge

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Open Photos - select the photos you want - click on File then Export - Export # of photos. It will open a window to ask if you want the names to stay the same etc. Click export and another window will open to allow you to select the folder you want to put them in.

I don't think you can actually get rid of Photos but maybe someone else has some more info.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I, like Lisa, also don't believe Photos can be removed. It is installed with the OS, like Safari, Facetime, etc.

OP
T
Reaction score
Lisa, thanks .. that sounds easy .... now the more difficult part .. ;) is there a tool which checks whether a pic is double or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Lisa, thanks .. that sounds easy .... now the more difficult part .. ;) is there a tool which checks whether a pic is double or not?

Hello Tikra - welcome to the forum! :)

As to 'duplicate photos', simply google "mac os app to check for duplicate photos" - there are numerous hits - I've never used one, so no personal recommendation.

Concerning a 'beta' Sierra version of ACDSee Mac (already mentioned), you can check their website HERE - the link will take you to the site shown below - appears that the most recent offering is indeed 10.11 - but there are a number of contact suggestions on the page, so try to find out when a 10.12 version may be released, unless you want to try one of the two photo editing choices already mentioned above? Dave
Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 12.02.33 PM.png

OP
T
Reaction score
i am so frustrated .... when exporting pics .. mac mentioned original is not findable, so I cannot export ..... what the **** ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
i am so frustrated .... when exporting pics .. mac mentioned original is not findable, so I cannot export ..... what the **** ....

Hi again - I do not use Photos much - on Sierra, but let me present some screen captures showing the export directions already described - first image below shows my Photos app opened w/ 'Export' chosen; I've already selected 4 pics (blue box) - second image is a dialog box allowing for the changes shown - third image is the export location dialog box to my 'Desktop' which could be changed - final image now shows the exported pics in that location - SO, what is not working for you in this process?

As to your comment 'not findable', please check this Apple Support Article, which discusses importing pics into the app - I have my 'Preferences' in Photos set to copy and leave the originals in place (in my 'Pictures' folder in Finder). Dave :)

Photos1.png Photos2.png Photos3.png Photos4.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.