A1932 Disconecting Battery?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a MacBook Air A1932. It worked fine last night, but this morning it had crashed with a grey screen full of lines. It was unresponsive so I powered off.

It will not turn back on.

I've tried the Shift-Control-Option but nothing happens.

I've read that on previous models one can just disconnect the battery, and then reconnect and often this will fix the problem. However there are no guides to this model that I can see.

Would someone be kind enough to link to a video/document showing this? Or can you tell me where the battery connector is? I've a sneaky feeling it isn't as easy / obvious as previous?

Thanks in advance.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
This is a 2018 or newer MacBook Air...is it still under warranty/Applecare? If so...it would probably be best to have Apple look at it...since if you "tinker" with it...it could void coverage..

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
I would not attempt to open up your MBA, it is completely different from earlier models and can easily be damaged. Other than following Nicks advice above, you will likely have to visit an ARS or AASP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.