A14122 Not Working on IPAD3

Reaction score
I have a new A14122 adapter. This is 30 pin to HDMI. I also purchased a 30 pin to VGA. Neither worked so I upgraded to iOS 8 It still doesn't work. I tried on my wife iPad 3 with is and it works fine. It must be the connector? Then I read about iOS 8 issues with this adapter but my iPad 3 didnt work with the old iOS. I can charge through the connector but I can't use this device????Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What's a "A14122 adapter"???

Google sure doesn't know either. ;)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears he's trying to run video from his iPad 3 to either a TV or Monitor. The A14122 adapter he says is a 30 pin to HDMI.

@bens993: You're going to need to provide us some more info about exactly what you're trying to do with your iPad 3.

OP
B
Reaction score
Its a 30 pin to HDMI I am trying to get my iPad 3 to work with the 30 pin to hdmi connector. When its connected the properties should show up under about in settings and better yet you should see the iPad display on the tv. If i plug the same adapter into my wife iPad 3 it works fine.The only difference is my wifes iPad says iPad under airplay menu when the adapter is connected. My iPad 3 says dock connector. I think this is the issue but why does it see it as a dock connector? i can't figure it out, I did find a post that said the firmware versions of the adapters could be different and the only way to fix it is to buy a different one from the apple store. Any other ideas? The connector works for charging on my iPad. We do have different iOS versions but i had the same iOS version until I experienced this issue at which point i upgraded to iOS 8. The upgrade didnt resolve it either.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's something else going on if the adapter works OK from your wife's iPad 3 and not yours. I also have an iPad 3 and have noticed that there are third party cables that do not work reliably with it. However, my Apple supplied cables always work the way they should. Later model iPads have the "lightning" connector which is much better. If your iPad charges OK from the same connector, that tells us the connector itself is probably OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.