• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A little angry at Apple right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
I should start a thread with a title "I am Slightly Angry at the people that are Slightly Angry at Apple"! :D

Oops. I should have made it clear: I'm not in the slightly angry camp. I was just agreeing with the specific point re order confusion.

I'm slightly delighted with Apple, on the whole. Using their products exclusively, at the moment - at work and at home.

Regards, CB

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
My post was a joke! :D Grin

Reaction score
If I'm reading his post right, the invoice showed he had ordered 2 but Apple is saying he tried to order 6. I'm wondering if he was in fact trying to order only 2, but got impatient due to the sluggishness of the overwhelmed systems and kept hitting "refresh", thus re-submitting his order. There is a warning to not do that for just this reason.

I have really got to learn to start taking advantage of these releases like this.

I think you may have a point, here.

I don't know if the rules are the same in other countries, but in the UK, the maximum number of iphones you can order is 2 (per customer). If you try to order more, a message will pop-up reminding you of the maximum. If you don't amend the number, the order will not be submitted. Refreshing/resending the order (of 2) would be the only way that the Apple rep could have suggested an order of 6 units?

This has been the case (in UK) for years. One christmas I tried to buy four iphone4 (when they were the current model) - I got the maximum of 2 per customer message and could not place the order.

It's VERY VERY unusual that a single person would be ordering 6 brand new iPhone 6's. Maybe you have a large family...a lot of friends…or you are a very generous person!:)

But the first thing many folks would think when they hear this (ordering/pre-ordering 6 iPhones…before they are released)…is SOMEONE is trying to take advantage of a brand new SUPER HOT Apple product…and is intending on selling them for double the price (or more) on eBay!!!:(

- Nick

Just to clarify further on my post. I had only ordered 2 phones and Apple kept claiming that I ordered 6 phones. I told them that I could provide them with my order invoice in the email and even during checkout, the screen only showed 2 phones. Due to the high traffic flow, I had problems even adding the items to the cart. That was just how crazy it was.. Finally when it did manage to get to the cart, I checked the details before checking out.

What angers me is how Apple tried to confuse me with their changing reasons and carried on to give arrogant or sarcastic remarks..

First Apple said.. "theres a problem with your email"
Second time when I called in .. "Its the issue with your credit card"
The next time Apple called me.. "You ordered 6 phones and it exceeded the limit of 4 per customer"
I told them countless times in every phone call that I only ordered 2 phones.
3rd time I called in.. "I asked them once again if they have found out the reason for it and when I mentioned the reasons given in the earlier calls, the lady went.. "Oh no no! We are not aware of the reasons and its not revealed." That led me to ask her then why was my order cancelled if you do not have a reason?
A few more phone calls continued after and they slowly made sarcastic remarks such as..

"Isn't it logical that you should do this when you order?"
"You know some people don't have the luxury of ordering 6 phones.." (I have no idea why he said that but I also had no idea why he never believed when I told him my invoice is just for 2) By the way, this was said by a more senior staff in Apple as I had earlier asked for his position in Apple.
When I tried to provide him with feedback on ways to improve on their ordering process instead of allowing people to add even up to 10 phones in their cart. He retorted saying, "Yes, we are aware that theres a problem and thats why we do a check and make cancellations but every company is different." (basically telling you this is just how its going to be..)

Finally I asked him what was the order number that he saw and I requested that he email the invoice to me. He said, "I do not have the information. I will get back to you.."

Is it just me or does anyone find such behaviour absurd? How does one keep calling me and insisting that I made a mistake when he himself has no such information on hand to evidently prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just to clarify further on my post. I had only ordered 2 phones and Apple kept claiming that I ordered 6 phones. I told them that I could provide them with my order invoice in the email and even during checkout, the screen only showed 2 phones. Due to the high traffic flow, I had problems even adding the items to the cart. That was just how crazy it was.. Finally when it did manage to get to the cart, I checked the details before checking out.

What angers me is how Apple tried to confuse me with their changing reasons and carried on to give arrogant or sarcastic remarks..

First Apple said.. "theres a problem with your email"
Second time when I called in .. "Its the issue with your credit card"
The next time Apple called me.. "You ordered 6 phones and it exceeded the limit of 4 per customer"
I told them countless times in every phone call that I only ordered 2 phones.
3rd time I called in.. "I asked them once again if they have found out the reason for it and when I mentioned the reasons given in the earlier calls, the lady went.. "Oh no no! We are not aware of the reasons and its not revealed." That led me to ask her then why was my order cancelled if you do not have a reason?
A few more phone calls continued after and they slowly made sarcastic remarks such as..

"Isn't it logical that you should do this when you order?"
"You know some people don't have the luxury of ordering 6 phones.." (I have no idea why he said that but I also had no idea why he never believed when I told him my invoice is just for 2) By the way, this was said by a more senior staff in Apple as I had earlier asked for his position in Apple.

Finally I asked him what was the order number that he saw and I requested that he email the invoice to me. He said, "I do not have the information. I will get back to you.."

Is it just me or does anyone find such behaviour absurd? How does one keep calling me and insisting that I made a mistake when he himself has no such information on hand to evidently prove me wrong.

On the whole this sounds like Bull Pucky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Reaction score
Do you mean Apple is bull pucky or are you saying that my story is fake? Anyway, I'm just sharing it with people out there and be ready to expect some crazy crap if they are new (like me) to order the iPhone online.

OP
P
Reaction score
Do you mean Apple is bull pucky or are you saying that my story is fake? Anyway, I'm just sharing it with people out there and be ready to expect some crazy crap if they are new (like me) to order the iPhone online.

I dealt with these phone "support" employees as well and I don't think you are going to get anywhere with them. Call a retail store and talk to a manager directly. The only true customer support is face to face in the store, really.

Reaction score
I wish I could but there isn't a physical Apple store at where I live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
I didn't come here to rant and complain about Apple. I was in a bad situation which was Apple's fault and I was just looking for some opinions and maybe some guidance on what to do next.

Thanks though for your comment.[/QUOT

Just a cheap shot. How can anyone take apples side in this. Ohh she is just doing her job. Ohh it is a big company so on and so on. Stupid excuses for bad customer service.

The real question is. If they are willing to lie to you. Shove you around. Try to blame there faults on something else. Do you rally want to do business with them?

Reaction score
I didn't come here to rant and complain about Apple. I was in a bad situation which was Apple's fault and I was just looking for some opinions and maybe some guidance on what to do next.

Thanks though for your comment.[/QUOT

Just a cheap shot. How can anyone take apples side in this. Ohh she is just doing her job. Ohh it is a big company so on and so on. Stupid excuses for bad customer service.

The real question is. If they are willing to lie to you. Shove you around. Try to blame there faults on something else. Do you rally want to do business with them?

Lets make it clear i don't think they did any of these things and the problem was solved with a great outcome.

To answer your question. Yes

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

You can draw any conclusion you wish and if you have a problem with Apple, then don't buy any of their products. It seems you're more upset than the OP over what occurred. Anyway, we beat this horse enough. Time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.