• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

__What do *YOU* like best about Macs? - post here__

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys!. As a relatively (3 months) new Macintosh user, I would love to find out why everyone else loves their Mac/s, why this is so, and also what hardware and software they use most.

All user experiences can be documented, but _PLEASE_ make it short and concise, and tell us all why _YOU_ love the good old Apple Macintosh; what is it about the OS/hardware/company ethics you admire and love the most??.

I have just bought an Intel iMac 20" Core 2 Duo - I just love it, but the sheer irony is, that I am *SO* tired right now, I can barely construct a sentence as to WHY!.

Matt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
What I like the most? Boot time. 37 seconds. Boot time for my windows laptop? 4 minutes and 28 seconds.

OP
U
Reaction score
What I like the most? Boot time. 37 seconds. Boot time for my windows laptop? 4 minutes and 28 seconds.

I misread that, initially... thought you had written that the boot time is .37 secs!!! :D

My iMac seems to boot in about 21 secs, and shutdown in 7 secs. To quote the "L33TSP33K" nonsense... W00000000T!!!!!!!!! :D. I love a lot more about it, but as a N00B, I'm gonna let the whole experience absorb itself into my brain for a few more months yet, before I give an accurate account.

All I can say is this: target disk mode, in XP??. They *WISH*!!. Drag and drop install/uninstall in Linux??. PAHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.