800 vs 933 vs 1000mhz PowerPC G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
In the iBook I'm sure you all know there's three different chips. Is there much difference between the three, speed-wise? Like in:

-Loading OSX
-Playing games
-Photoshop

I'm sure there's not very much difference in regular everyday stuff like web surfing, listening to music, etc.

Thanks in Advance,
~Mojo027

L

lzasitko

speed does matter :)

Mojo027 said:
In the iBook I'm sure you all know there's three different chips. Is there much difference between the three, speed-wise? Like in:

-Loading OSX
-Playing games
-Photoshop

I'm sure there's not very much difference in regular everyday stuff like web surfing, listening to music, etc.

Thanks in Advance,
~Mojo027

Yes speed does matter as with any computer and games is the driving force behind most of the newer and faster computers. The faster the better for games and photoshop. But also look at getting the maximum ram that you can cram in it (and afford).

Larry

S

s3pt1k

I have a 933 and bought it as such because SEVERAL employees at my local Apple store told me the 1Gz isn't worth the extra money. 1Gz equates to a minimal increase in performance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.