64gb memory card for iphone?

Reaction score
Friend of mine has the latest iphone but needs to add music to it so he's asking what options are there for him to add about 54gb's of music? I searched the net but I am not seeing a 64gb memory card for an iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Friend of mine has the latest iphone but needs to add music to it so he's asking what options are there for him to add about 54gb's of music? I searched the net but I am not seeing a 64gb memory card for an iphone?

Hi Mike...... - assume that you mean an iPhone 6? What is it's storage capacity and how much room is left? Just bought an iPhone 6 for my wife w/ 64 GB of storage (124 GB is the maximum). There are limited ways to add music to an iDevice; one of course is to buy from iTunes and another is to transfer songs from an iTunes library. There is a lightning adapter that will accept a SD card from a camera for photo exchange but not for music; nor will an USB adapter work.

If you friend has a computer w/ iTunes installed (latest version), he can import the music into his iTunes library and then transfer to the cabled iPhone - that's how I got about 20 GBs of music onto my wife's new phone. Now there are some 'wireless' options to transfer files, such as the AirStash (pictured below) - works great w/ photos and some other files but not music.

Maybe others will 'chime in' w/ some other choices but the above are the common ways - Dave :)

61N5caGHcnL._SL1500_.jpg

C

chas_m

Simpler option: sign up for the $25 (yearly) iTunes Match. This stores the music in the cloud (up to 25,000 non-iTunes songs, plus an unlimited number of iTunes music purchases), so it takes up essentially no space at all on the iPhone. Music can be put physically on the iPhone through playlists, or just streamed from the cloud (obviously you will want to weigh up how that might impact your data plan).

Or, if you prefer, a free option: don't try to load 100GB of music on your device. Simply load up a playlist of randomly-selected (or whatever) tracks that would take, let's say, a week of eight-hour-per-day listening to get through. When you do get through it, connect the iPhone to your Mac for say five minutes and refresh the randomly-selected playlist. Now it will load another week's worth of music and you're good for another week (or two ... or a month ... you get the idea).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.