5 Deals You Need to Know Today: The Steam Summer Sale is Here!

Reaction score
qt5gsrok9lrngxa33meg.png
It's time to add at least four games and an extra helping of guilt to your Steam backlog – it's the Steam Summer Sale. Check out this offer and more in our roundup of the five best deals we found over the last 24 hours.

Top PC Gaming Deal
vdjh6doz8rjjdtnvwbsh.png
Steam 2020 Summer Sale
Store: Steam
Discount: Up to 90% off
Expiration: July 9 It's Steam Sale time, and that means it's time for me to bring all the weight of my 30 or so years of PC gaming to bear on handing out recommendations no one asked for. So:

• If you're chasing those Cyberpunk 2077 highs, dip into the Deus Ex Universe, starting from just 97 cents for the classic original (but even with the very skippable Invisible War and The Fall thrown in, the bundle is probably the best way to pick the whole series up).
  • If you're excited for Star Wars: Squadrons' style of first-person dogfighting cockpittery, I wholeheartedly endorse FreeSpace 2, which is now $3.39. (Mod it with FSOpen to update the graphics to a frankly worrying level. Also buy a joystick.)
  • American Truck Simulator might not be the flashiest of games, but it has fully-modeled window-up/window-down audio, so it clearly needs to be bought. And for just $4.99!
Click here to see more PC gaming deals.

Top Apparel Deal
pqnzhbsct9798vkvbxeh.jpg
Past Season Sale
Store: The North Face
Discount: Up to 50% off
Shipping: Free shipping The North Face are sending prices on their winter gear south for the summer, like a confused migratory bird. That means you can pick up men's t-shirts from $15, men's shorts from $23, women's leggings from $28, men's shoes from $28, and men's jackets from $45.
Click here to see more apparel deals.

Top Tool & Hardware Deal
ttjxpbwzc2mwyadhtlcr.jpg
Commander 12-Gallon Tote with Snap Lid
Store: Lowe's
Price: $4.98
Shipping: In-store pickup, or $5.99 s&h
Lowest By: $4
Expiration: July 7 I can tie this into the Steam sale in a bunch of clever (not really) ways. I could go the XCOM 2 route of "Hello, Commander" (XCOM 2 is great), or play to the populists by saying "I'm Commander 12-Gallon Tote and this my favorite deal in the Citadel". I could also try to get my mind off the over-militarization of video games by talking about how this storage box is basically half-price, so long as you pick it up in-store and avoid paying $6 for shipping.
Click here to see more tools & hardware deals.

Top Electronics Deal
z2b5edvmejea18gabc6j.jpg
Apple Watch Series 5 40mm GPS Sport Smartwatch
Store: Amazon
Price: $299
Shipping: Free shipping
Lowest By: $51 It's moderately hilarious to me that the Apple Watch 5, the market leader in smart watches, got a point in the pro column of CNET's 4-star review for having an always-on display "so it can show the time all the time", famously a feature of every non-smart watch ever made forever. Technology is so stupid.

But! Such grumpiness has no place in the company of this price, which is the best we've ever seen, and $51 less than the next best offering.
Click here to see more electronics deals.

Top Shoe Deal
bh4jsfyrxklymw8ar0oy.png
Nike Men's Air Max Tailwind IV Shoes
Store: Nike
Price: $62.97
Shipping: Free shipping
Lowest By: $25 "Max Tailwind" is a fairly convincing name for a fictional mid-70s Californian rock band. They would look like a pre-crisis Kings of Leon and sound like a mix of The Eagles and REO Speedwagon. Everyone would think "Max Tailwind" was the singer's name, but he was actually called Acorn Bob. They would wear cowboy boots all the time, even while sleeping, despite the obvious promotional opportunities that would have been available should these sneakers have been on sale back then. They would die tragically due to what would be reported as a "donut accident".
Click here to see more shoe deals.

Click here to view the full article...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.