3rd party ipod managers

Reaction score
Hi, this is a question that's probably been asked infinitely. Which version or product is best for Mac's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi, this is a question that's probably been asked infinitely. Which version or product is best for Mac's?

Hello and welcome to the forum! But, you really need to provide us much more information to make sense of your question: 1) What Mac do you own (model/year); 2) What OS X is installed; 3) What iPod are you talking about (if a Touch, model needed); 4) What are you trying to do, e.g. sync/backup to iTunes; and 5) What do you own now and what have you tried? All of these questions are important to address your rather terse opening post - Dave :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi, Latest Gen Ipod classic, Macbook Air Latest version, Yosimite, Syn' and backup to itunes. I'm attempting to find the software that does the most. I've looked at Wondershare and this "seems' to have the most diverse range of features. LOL, terse, c'mon man. Short on information maybe but terse. Anyway my apologies.

C

chas_m

Stay away from Wondershare or similarly-named companies. Chinese spammers.

There hasn't really been a viable third-party manager for an iPod since about a year after iTunes came out.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi, and thank you. Do you have a recommendation for a 3rd party IPod manager in place of "Wondershare" that wont rip me off? Their must be something out there that's functional, priced reasonably and delivers what it advertises. Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
iTunes does a great job at syncing iPods to iTunes.

Best of all, it's free, you don't need to download anything and you already have it installed.

Reaction score
Honestly i thin he want the alternative iPod manager because he most likely wants to use some thing that doesn't have to be online or require a user account for music purchases.

there is a manager but its only for windows devices on mac called

Windows phone its in the app store it allows people to use the zune player and windows phone with mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.