• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

24 Anyone?

Reaction score
I was wondering...

Apple is a company with an extremely devoted fan base (as shown by this site)

Not only am I a big mac fan, but also a big 24 fan. I was wondering if anyone using these boards watches and keeps up to date. If you don't, you really should, it's such an amazing show!

Reaction score
I love "24", and have seasons 1 & 2, but I still have yet to finish up season 2 collection. Yea I know season 3 is already out on dvd and season 4 is whats on TV now. I know I am way behind, but I really do enjoy the show. Every-hour of that movie is so entertaining!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive never seen it, dont have too much time for tv.

D

Danster

The best show on TV everyone who likes a good plot and action should make time to see em but watch thefirst season first

E

EvoMac

Couple of my coworkers always talk about it, so finally one of them let me borrow season 1 since I haven't seen any of it. Now to just find the time to watch it...

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if your fans of shows such as CSI or Law and Order. It's extremely entertaing and suspenseful! This may sound funny, but I've seen every single episode at least once. Yes, I am a little obsessed.

Be sure to check it out next season! (Don't join in at the end of this season unless you only care about seeing some good action sequences; there are only 3 episodes left, definitly go and buy season one or two dvd's though, they were the two best seasons)

My personal favorite was season 2!

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and Tivo is a get companion for watching 24! It's completely differen't w/ no commercials (I start watching it 15min after air time, that way I can fast forward all commercials, and catch up w. live tv by the end).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
lol, I don't have that kind of extra time, and if I did, I wouldn't spend it watching tv.

D

Desolate One

What if I'm a big fan of Bo' Selecta and Red Vs. Blue? Would you recommend 24 then?

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
Lol. I'll pretty much recommend it to anyone who likes getting an adrenaline rush.

D

Desolate One

What about those that enjoy their hot sake a bit much?

Hot sake, check it and see
I heat it up to a hundred and three....

That's right, I like Foreigner too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Desolate One said:
What if I'm a big fan of Bo' Selecta and Red Vs. Blue? Would you recommend 24 then?

Man, I LOVE red vs. blue. I'm going to buy one of their DVDs someday. Call me crazy, but I tried '24' the first season, and just didn't like it. Different strokes for different folks.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 1.5ghz PB,1gb RAM,64mb ATI,80gb HD+PowerMac G4 867mhz,640mb RAM,60gb HD+AirPort xpress+15gb Ipod
24 is the best program ever made on TV in my humble opinion. And did you know if you have season 2 on DVD check out the directors commentary, somewhere they talk about PCs vs Macs.

With the amount of money they must be making they might be able to use all Macs in season 5! I wish I could write it! Jack Bauer could rescue a PowerBook with critical data on it that would save the world. It would even (if it was new) have a sudden motion sensor on it so the HD wouldn't get corrupted.

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
Wish_4_A_Mac said:
24 is the best program ever made on TV in my humble opinion. And did you know if you have season 2 on DVD check out the directors commentary, somewhere they talk about PCs vs Macs.

With the amount of money they must be making they might be able to use all Macs in season 5! I wish I could write it! Jack Bauer could rescue a PowerBook with critical data on it that would save the world. It would even (if it was new) have a sudden motion sensor on it so the HD wouldn't get corrupted.
Funny, but I'm sorry to say, that would ruin the show.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.