2007 MacPro Upgrade Options

Reaction score
Last year, I got great advice here about adding RAM to my 2007 MacPro. I'm glad I followed it: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/305034-more-ram-fix-2007-mac-pro.html#post1547002

My MacPro now runs 9GB of memory with a 2TB internal hard drive. (Recently, the MacPro stopped reading 8 of those 9GB, but I followed advice here on Mac Forums and reseated the slots.) This upgrade was intended to hold me over until the new MacMini arrived. That MacMini arrived, and users are unhappy because of its soldered RAM and slow benchmarks. So no MacMini. My question is: what other upgrade options should I consider if I want 1-2 more years of my MacPro? Aside from more RAM? One obstacle is that the MacPro stops at OS 10.6.8, which is fine with me, except that some browsers and software will become incompatible. With upgrades, can I overcome that barrier? Thank you!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One obstacle is that the MacPro stops at OS 10.6.8...

Actually the Max OS for this computer is 10.7.5 (even you mention this in the other thread).;)

Also. Depending on what software you use…and depending on your skill level…if this is a quad-core Mac Pro…you could upgrade it to 8-cores for relatively little $$$.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.