2007 iMac internal display compatibility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in, 2gb RAM, 250GB HD, 2.4gHz Dualcore, Ubuntu 12.0.4
Hello there, I recently came across a 2007 Imac missing its whole front fascia, screen included.
I've searched around and found there there is almost no way to attach any DVI/HDMI output to the LVDS interface.

What i want to know is what other models of iMac's monitors will work with this computer? will monitors of another size still work? Another year/model?

This may seem like a weird question, but i dont have many options. i can't pay the 1200 from apple for a new one, and i don't trust eBay for a used one.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Your best bet is to get an exact display replacement from either eBay, Powerbookmedic.com, or other Apple/Mac parts place.

Apple is always changing something (internally or externally) that sometimes it's a bit of a roll of this dice trying to use a display panel from a different model. Even from one year to the next they may not fit.

You could check powerbookmedic.com to see if the same panel is used for the several models. But then with that info...you ether buy for Powerbookmedic...or shop ebay for a better price. Powerbook medic's prices are usually pretty competitive with sellers on eBay...but you may get lucky on ebay.:)

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in, 2gb RAM, 250GB HD, 2.4gHz Dualcore, Ubuntu 12.0.4
Your best bet is to get an exact display replacement from either eBay, Powerbookmedic.com, or other Apple/Mac parts place.

Apple is always changing something (internally or externally) that sometimes it's a bit of a roll of this dice trying to use a display panel from a different model. Even from one year to the next they may not fit.

You could check powerbookmedic.com to see if the same panel is used for the several models. But then with that info...you ether buy for Powerbookmedic...or shop ebay for a better price. Powerbook medic's prices are usually pretty competitive with sellers on eBay...but you may get lucky on ebay.:)

- Nick

I looked into the exact display, and it would be costly for anything reputable. I got this mac for free and i don't wanna spend 600$ on the screen.

I don't care about the physical fit because I plan on custom remaking the face, so even an old laptop screen would do so long as the wiring pins are correct.

I just need to know 2 things
1. Will any other display WORK with a 24in 2007 iMac
2. What are the default display setting on boot. (i can use an external monitor, but it if wont duplicate the original display i can't see anything and therefor cant change the setting to make it work)

Reaction score
you can attach any external monitor if that Imac have the external conector in the back. What ou can't do is connect any second manufacturer monitor to the internal display. unless ou get the right model and specs for that exact Imac or compatible...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.