2.0.2 is out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
2.0.2 is available through iTunes Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Yes, it is. I'll wait to hear the initial reports before I download it though. I'm sure thousands will have downloaded it within the next few minutes or so. ;)

EDIT: Went ahead and downloaded it. Oh I just couldn't resist. We'll all be forced to download it anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Copy/Paste, and Flash...Nice!!!

Just kidding, sorry couldn't resist.

No more contact lag, no more SMS lag, location services much much faster.

Zach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AHHH, forgot about the whole "de-jailbreaking" when you update thing. If anyone likes their jail-broken phone, don't update yet. I really don't care, only had it JB'en to tether.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

Zach

2nd that. Contact lags is a WHOLE LOT better, maps and location services seem to kick butt now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
I'm am unaware of what you guys are smoking but I just updated to it, and SMS lag is still very much there! It's an on and off thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well mine is fine, except for it is now un-jailbroken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate you so much right now, you should have seen my reaction ;P

Someone did this to me earlier while it was downloading. I got a kick out of it.

Realized about 1/2 way through the update install when an apple came up on the iphone boot screen instead of a pineapple that I now have to wait for 2.0.3 or w/e it will be from Dev Team. That made me a little p/o'd but whatever I guess.

The more major updates, for example 1.0 to 2.0, and looking to the future, (when they finally release flash and copy/paste, maybe more camera/video features, turn by turn, etc.) its almost like buying a whole new device. Thats one thing thats great about the iphone. Completely separate matter, but they need a completely different section of the iphone for unverified, un apple selectified Apps....lol. Basically make it more like a regular notebook or desktop computer, where you can download, change, and install programs that you want to whether apple says its ok or not. I wan't 3rd Party app's from people like Netshare (haha good example) and Dev's Cydia without having to have a hacked/cracked/jailbroken phone. wow, way off topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
There were no significant or noticeable improvements. For everyone who is noticing faster performance and less lag, TURN YOUR PHONE OFF every once in a while! The reason for the instant performance increase after such an update is because the phone is rebooted/restarted when the update is complete.

Otherwise, the phone is practically the same. Most users would agree... check Gizmodo, Engadget, Gizmodo, and CNet. Some people were even plagued with errors.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hate you so much right now, you should have seen my reaction ;P

Yeah same here. I am GLAD I read his whole post. I was about to post about the Cut/Paste on a few other forums! I would have made a fool of myself. Glad I read it all! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

Just kidding, sorry couldn't resist.

Zach

you should be banned :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money

:)

Although it's not something I really feel I miss - my colleague would be interested - I was about to shout over before making my way to the rest of the post :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There were no significant or noticeable improvements. For everyone who is noticing faster performance and less lag, TURN YOUR PHONE OFF every once in a while! The reason for the instant performance increase after such an update is because the phone is rebooted/restarted when the update is complete.

Otherwise, the phone is practically the same. Most users would agree... check Gizmodo, Engadget, Gizmodo, and CNet. Some people were even plagued with errors.

I restart my phone all the time, and trust me this is a lot better, at least for me. A 245mb update should have more than bug fixes though jeez.

Just noticed I have an extra bar of signal at my desk, thats cool I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Updated now, and it seems to work fine.

Phone seems a bit snappier too but that just might be the phone having gone through a reboot :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I restart my phone all the time, and trust me this is a lot better, at least for me. A 245mb update should have more than bug fixes though jeez.

Just noticed I have an extra bar of signal at my desk, thats cool I guess.

The size of the update doesn't indicate anything. ALL iPhone updates are going to be that large as Apple pushes out complete, updated builds of the iPhone OS. So you're not getting 245MB of updates, but rather a full version of the updated OS. The updates themselves were probably only a few KB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
What's the point of having the entire system with each update. Can apple just have the updated parts in the update like on our macs with software update?

This just sounds really absurd to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Well, for starters it allows you to upgrade outside families, that is someone with 1.1.5 can go directly to 2.0.2 without first hitting 2.0 and 2.0.1. Which you'd have to do if it was cumulative.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.