• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

"1984" and 20th Anniversary?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
First, how neat is it the way Apple added an iPod to the woman in their newest version of the "1984" commercial? It looks so seamless that I did a double-take the first time I watched it! Good stuff!

Secondly, does anyone else think theres the slight chance of a surprise 20th Anniversary Mac being released on January 24th? After all, "On January 24th, Apple Computer introduced Macintosh. And we saw why 1984 wouldn't be like "1984." :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Very good call, very good! :)

J

jonmichael23

I did too! That iPod looks like it was on her when they filmed they did it so perfect. As for the anniversary mac on the 24th, as murlyn said thats a good call seeing as they re-edited that commerical. Thatd be awesome! Maybe the anniversary mac will be the rumored new emac? We'll have to see..........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
*crosses fingers*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
*begins to cross fingers.. then notices mac addikts fingers are crossed tightly enough for 8 people and continues typing*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
:p

dont lie, youd love to see one as much as me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since graphite is laughing, i must have missed something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah me too.. especially since there couldnt be a "last 20th anniversary Mac" because.. well this is the first and last 20th anniversary they will have :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacAddikt said:
:p

dont lie, youd love to see one as much as me!

thats what i was laughing at. :D

C

christophermac

i hope it is a re-designed emac... I'm not too crazy for the current emac design at all. Maybe they'll make a tablet pc.. only it would be a tablet mac....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow quite interesting indeed.. And my guess is that it would be an even cooler looking G5.. no way they are going to do something with the lowest end model of their hardware.. they'll take the top end and make it even better.. no clue what it would look like though and what it would include.

J

JazzTrpt

Murlyn said:
Wow quite interesting indeed.. And my guess is that it would be an even cooler looking G5.. no way they are going to do something with the lowest end model of their hardware.. they'll take the top end and make it even better.. no clue what it would look like though and what it would include.

It's probaby a G5 flat-panel iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would agree thats prolly the next logical step.. its not highest end model.. but you can argue that it is.

J

JazzTrpt

Graphite said:
I would agree thats prolly the next logical step.. its not highest end model.. but you can argue that it is.

Let's face it...the 20" G4 iMac is a huge waste of money because no pro user is going to really want a G4 now that G5's are out and no consumer needs a 20" screen. Therefore, if they put the G5 into this computer, you may see pro users who will consider it now.

O

oldschool8604

I can't wait for the new G5 iMacs and eMacs to come out! They're gonna be pretty cool!...THe 20th anniversary mac sounds pretty sweet, and if that does come out in emac form, that would be great!

C

CMBlechar

I'm still convinced that the 20th anniversary mac product will be a two button mouse hey the first mac had one.....didn't it? well I thought it did. I'll look into it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.