16 M1max speaker issue and it's resolution

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I think I may have mentioned this before, but didn't post the results. The new 16" M1max 32 machine I bought was grand until the speakers started sounding like they were blown out. The bottom end (bass) would cause the speakers to flutter. When I finally brought it in (I use audio interfaces generally) I expected they'd likely need to replace the internal speakers,, thinking one or more of them disintegrated or something.

Well, it turns out, the tech simply blew out 'food debris' and it was perfectly fine. I was kinda like, what??? My previous MBP this replaced, is a late2013 I got new and over 9 years Im sure Ive eaten a thousand meals over it. Never an issue. It looks like there's larger air vents on the side of this thing. So that's my only theory as to how inside a couple months (vs 9 years?) this happened.

Wacky. But Im going to be a lot more careful where I spill nuts or seeds or whatever it was that got inside this thing!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.